Thursday, March 25, 2010

Thoughts on Nova #35

I thought #35 was a very good ending to the Riddle of the Sphinx storyline. My favorite part of the issue was the interaction between Rich Rider and Reed Richards.

Nova having Mr. Fantastic figure out the complex quantum calculations and getting impatient made me smile and showed some insight into Rich's thinking. The impatience shows two things to me.

One: Rich has the highest respect for Reed's intelligence. He had no doubt Reed could do it and was getting slightly impatience when the answer wasn't there right away.

Two: I think it made Rich appreciate the WorldMind a little more. Nova is so used to the WM making instant calculations that he forgot that Reed is a human and might need just a little more time to get it calculated.

And the solution itself was just brilliant. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment